Monday 8 February 2016

Prison Garden Concept Art


The latest piece of concept art I needed to produce for System Error Studios was a prison garden.
Whilst I was working on my first version, shown above, putting the finishing touches to the plants, I had the sudden thought that I had gone about the garden aspect in the wrong way. I had gone waaaaaaaaaaaay over the top with the plant life, as I realised that a far more clinical, minimal approach would fit the film's vision better. So after kicking myself for not having realised the better path earlier, I conferred with the director before scrapping the luscious garden. I decided to replace it with two very neat, symmetrical lines of flowers placed on slightly fluorescent, glowing white plinths. This new image works far better, both stylistically and conceptually. 
Only a couple more concepts left to do and then I can move onto some storyboarding!



No comments:

Post a Comment