Wednesday 5 October 2016

FXU Stop Motion Adverts: Beach Set Making



For the Introduction Advert I set it on the beach, to inkeep with the Cornish theme. I made the rocks from polystyrene, which I carved up. I then covered them in papier mache and painted them with watercolours. Once this had dried I covered the whole thing in a generous double coating of PVA glue, to give them a moist, shiny look that the coastal rocks have.



I achieved a sandy texture by layering polystyrene up, creating peaks and troughs in the ground. The cut polystyrene had a slightly grainy texture which was a good base to work on. I mixed a load of sugar in with acrylic paint and then painted this mix all over the polystyrene set floor. It dried to resemble sand! Unfortunately in the actual scene you don't see any of this texture as it's all out of focus in the background! Ah well, at least I know how to make sandy textures for future projects now...


I composited in a watercolour painting for the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment