Wednesday 5 October 2016

More FXU Stop Motion Props: Posters


I needed to have a few posters cluttering the walls, as what student doesn't have posters? They were fun to make and really gave that nice finishing touch to the set.
To make the pinboard I cut up a cork coaster into a rectangle and then glued this onto a piece of cardboard. I cut out four strips of cardboard and stuck these round the edge to make the frame. I then put papier mache round the frame and painted it with watercolour, creating a wooden texture. I filled the pinboard with Cornwall and student related bits and pieces, keeping it in theme. The FXU leaflet needed to animate, as it flutters off the pinboard in one scene, so I made it from folded tinfoil. I spread a little latex on it and then stuck tissue paper round it, giving it a crinkled paper texture, but the tinfoil and latex meant that I could move it and it would hold its shape.





These are all the posters and the calendar I had stuck around the bedroom, with a shameless bit of self promotion thrown in for good measure with the Distance poster :)


No comments:

Post a Comment