Tuesday 5 December 2017

Production Design for Escape







I recently had the opportunity of working on a very powerful short film called Escape, directed by Alex Falconer. The film tells the true story of a woman escaping from a domestic violence relationship with her three children. The film was shot over two days in a family home.

I was the production designer and was in charge of sourcing props and dressing the rooms. I needed to make the house look very tidy as the woman would have been expected to keep it looking immaculate by the husband and it also needed to be quite minimalistic with very little personality, to reflect the years of oppression the mother and children had endured. Once shooting was over I had to return the house back to its original state.

The film is now in post production, so it will probably be a while before I can share it, but so far its looking like it will be a very moving and harrowing tale.








No comments:

Post a Comment